Everything You Need to Know About Lining Slow Cookers
Discover the benefits of lining a slow cooker, how to use a slow cooker liner, and explore easy slow cooker recipes for everyday meals and entertaining.
How to Use a Slow Cooker Liner
Reynolds Kitchens® Slow Cooker Liners are easy to use and save time and energy by eliminating the time-consuming cleanup. You can reduce or even eliminate the need for oil or cooking spray in your recipes when using a liner. If you decide to cook two different dishes at the same time in the slow cooker, they can help prevent the transfer of flavors from one dish to another.
Slow cooker liners are designed to be used in slow cookers only. They are made of an FDA-compliant, BPA-free, heat-resistant nylon material that is safe for cooking on high, low, and warm slow cooker settings.
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners Instructions
- Before you add the liner to your slow cooker, check the size of your slow cooker bowl to ensure you're using the correct size liner. The slow cooker must be unplugged until the liner is in place and all your recipe ingredients are added.
- If you have a slow cooker with a removable bowl, start by placing the bowl inside the slow cooker.
- Unfold the liner and open it by putting your hand inside, ensuring the crease is at the bottom middle of the slow cooker bowl.
- Smoothly fit the lining against the bottom and sides of the slow cooker bowl and fold the excess liner over the rim. For slow cooker liner safety reasons, never tuck the liner between the slow cooker bowl and the slow cooker unit.
- There’s no need for cooking spray, oil, or butter. However, you can use them if you prefer, or if your recipe recommends.
- Once the liner is in place, add the ingredients according to your recipe, then place the lid on top.
- Cook at the recommended setting as stated in your slow cooker recipe.
- When your recipe is finished, do not lift or transport the liner with food inside, as burns can result. You can serve your food directly from the lined slow cooker.
- Remove any leftover food from the bowl, allow the slow cooker to cool completely, then dispose of the liner in the trash.
- Do not reuse slow cooker liners.
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner Sizes
Whether cooking for a family of two or eight, we've got the right size for your slow cooker meals:
- Reynolds Kitchens® Slow Cooker Liners Small Size fits 1 to 3 quart slow cookers
- Reynolds Kitchens® Slow Cooker Liners Regular Size fits 3 to 8 quart slow cookers
Are Slow Cooker Liners Safe?
Reynolds Kitchens® Slow Cooker Liners are made of an FDA-compliant, BPA-free, heat-resistant nylon material safe for use in slow cookers. These liners are specifically designed for slow cookers. They should not be used with other cooking methods such as ovens, stovetops, grills, rice cookers, air fryers, countertop electronic roaster ovens, or countertop convection ovens.
CAN YOU USE OVEN BAGS IN A SLOW COOKER?
We don’t recommend using over bags in a slow cooker. Our slow cooker liners are specifically designed for slow cookers, while oven bags are designed and sized for pan-roasting large cuts of meat in the oven. These products have different sizes and shapes, so it's best to use each for its intended purpose.
Deliciously Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Savory Slow Cooker Dips
There's something so satisfying about a warm dip paired with crunchy dippers. It's the ultimate comfort food that'll keep everyone returning for more.
- Spice up the party with this Buffalo Chicken Dip with Celery and Pita. It's packed with that classic fiery flavor, making it the perfect choice for game day or any laid-back gathering throughout the year.
- Calling all cheese lovers! Our Hot Cheesy Chicken Dip is a savory snack indulgence. Packed with creamy cheese, seasoned chicken, and just the right spices, this mouthwatering dip is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Pair it up with crunchy tortilla chips, and be prepared to have your taste buds tantalized!
- It’s a party sensation—the Double-Layered Cheesy Jalapeño Dip! With this recipe, you'll double the heat, meat, flavor, and fun. Your friends and family won't be able to stop talking about this dip at your next gathering!
Hearty Slow Cooker Chili and Stews
Imagine the aromas in your kitchen as you prepare and cook these fragrant and hearty one-pot chilis and stews. You won't have to wait long to enjoy the mouth-watering flavors.
- Slow Cooker Chili is our best recipe for the classic hearty beef and beans dish for tailgating, game day gatherings, and whenever you need a robust pick-me-up on chilly nights.
- Let your slow cooker do the work for you with our Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Stew. A warm and filling beef stew made with veggies, black beans, and a touch of chili seasonings.
- This heartwarming Salsa Verde Chicken Chili captures the essence of the beloved Salsa Verde Chicken dish, offering a tangy, slightly spicy, vibrant flavor. It’s a simple yet flavorful dish for weeknight meals or weekend parties.
Comforting Slow Cooker Soups
When sweater weather hits, there's nothing more satisfying than a hot bowl of soup! Soup is the perfect slow-cooker meal for those chilly fall and winter days. It's like a big, warm hug. Cozy up and make your favorite soup in the slow cooker today!
- Hands down, this Slow Cooker Chunky Beef Vegetable Soup is one of the heartiest and easiest one-pot meals you can make. Savor the flavor as you take a spoonful of this classic beefy soup.
- With its smooth and creamy base, packed with chunks of tasty chicken and wholesome vegetables, this aromatic Creamy Chicken Soup is bound to satisfy your family's appetites and leave them craving more.
- You can’t beat the taste and rustic warmth of Slow Cooker French Onion Soup. It’s a perfect warm-up for a cold day with caramelized onions, seasoned broth, and gooey melted cheese.
Mouthwatering Slow Cooker Roasts, Brisket, and Pulled Pork
Wouldn’t it be incredible to come home to a simmering pot of roast beef, brisket, or pulled pork meal ready to eat? Mmm…a tasty slow cooker meal that takes a little bit of prep time, then just set it and forget it.
- Nothing says comfort food like an Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner, add the veggies, beef roast, and spices, then let it cook. Your roast will be ready to serve when it’s fork-tender and juicy. Get your forks ready to dig in!
- Slow Cooker Brisket Barbecue Sandwiches are the perfect succulent, hearty sandwiches for family gatherings, game nights, picnics, or family dinners. The slow cooking process infuses the seasonings in the brisket, and the added barbecue sauce packs every bite with flavor.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Honey Jalapeño Slaw – Every strand of pork is coated with a tangy, sweet, and smoky taste. Piled high on a soft, warm bun, the pulled pork gets an exciting twist with the fresh and crunchy Honey Jalapeño Slaw. It’s a satisfying bite ideal for parties, potlucks, and cozy dinners at home.
Full-Flavored Slow Cooker Potatoes, Vegetables, and Sides
- Who doesn’t love “smashed potatoes”? Slow cooking with a slow cooker liner makes these Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes easier than ever. Get the goodness of this classic side dish with minimal prep and hands-off cooking. Tip: You can make these ahead and reheat them in a lined slow cooker for your next special occasion.
- Our Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese recipe makes the time-honored macaroni and cheese dish effortless. The best part is that the cheese won’t stick to your pot when you use a slow cooker liner, which means no scraping or scrubbing afterward.
- This Crustless Vegetable Quiche recipe is a versatile and tasty dish for a laid-back brunch or a light dinner. You can prep your ingredients and pop them in your lined slow cooker bowl, refrigerating until you’re ready to cook. That way, your delicious quiche is ready to start cooking whenever you are!