Mountain Dew® Turkey
Wow your crowd with this Mountain Dew® Turkey Thanksgiving recipe!
MOUNTAIN DEW® TURKEY
If you can't get enough creative Thanksgiving turkey recipes, you're in the right place! This unique turkey recipe features Mountain Dew®!
For the Mountain Dew® Brine:
- In a large brining vessel, mix equal parts citrus soda and water. For every liter of liquid added, add ¼ cup of kosher salt.
- Completely immerse turkey in brine and allow to sit overnight refrigerated.
To Cook Your Turkey:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place a Reynolds KITCHENS® Turkey Oven Bag into a large roasting pan that is at least two inches deep. Sprinkle one tablespoon of flour into the bag, and shake to distribute.
- Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey. Then rinse, and pat dry. If you like to stuff your turkey, place stuffing into cavity.
- Brush the turkey with oil or melted butter and season as desired.
- Place turkey in the Turkey Oven Bag and close the bag with the nylon tie included within the Oven Bag box (It’s usually folded inside the cooking chart.)
- Make 6 half-inch slits in the top of the bag, to allow steam to escape as the turkey cooks. Tuck corners of the bag in the pan and trim or fold down the end of the bag to make sure it doesn’t touch the oven or heating elements when it’s cooking.
- Insert turkey thermometer through one of the cut slits in the top of the bag, into the thickest part of the turkey thigh. Turkey is done cooking when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from oven and let turkey stand in the bag for 15 minutes. Cut the bag open with cooking shears or a paring knife.
- To remove the turkey from the bag, insert serving forks in the neck and chest cavity of the turkey. Then simply lift your Oven Bag Turkey and transfer to a serving dish for dinner. Use the juices to make flavorful gravy to pair with the moist turkey.
If using a Turkey Oven Bag, check out our estimated cooking times here . First time using a Turkey Oven Bag? Watch our easy how-to video.