Chocolate Stout Brownies
These rich and delicious brownies take on a whole new flavor with addition of stout beer. They are sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next adult social gathering.
Parchment Paper With Stay Flat Dispensing
PREHEAT the oven to 350°F.
ADD the chocolate chips, butter and stout beer to a medium sized metal bowl and put it over a pot of simmering water to create a double boiler. Continually stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
MIX together in a separate large bowl the eggs, brown sugar, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla and baking powder.
POUR the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar mixture and fold until combined.
POUR the batter into a Reynolds Kitchens® Parchment Paper with SmartGrid® lined pan. Top with infused pecans if desired.
BAKE in the oven on 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the outside of the pan.
COOL before serving.
Stout Beer Infused Pecans: infuse pecans with stout and bake with your brownies!
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup stout beer
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- PLACE pecans in a bowl. Pour enough stout beer on top to fully cover the nuts.
- COVER, then transfer to the refrigerator and let soak overnight.
- DRAIN the remaining liquid and toss in 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- TOP brownies with infused sugared nuts and bake following the instruction. Or transfer nuts to a baking sheet lined with Reynolds Kitchens® Parchment Paper with SmartGrid® and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until toasted and sugar has caramelized.